I've always been attracted to and moved by song lyrics. Songs inspire me almost more than anything else. Most recently I have been listening excessively to Taylor Swift's new CD Speak Now. The thing is, so many of the songs either resonate with where I'm right now, or paint vivid pictures in my mind so the song lives and breathes in my head. So here are my 13 favorite lyrics from various songs on Speak Now.
1. "Long live all the mountains we moved. I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you" - "Long Live"
2. 'I love how you walk with your hands in your pockets, how you'd kiss me when I was in the middle of saying something. There's not a day I don't miss those rude interruptions." - "Last Kiss"
3. "Get me with those green eyes, baby, as the lights go down. Give me something that'll haunt me when you're not around." - "Sparks Fly"
4. "Then I think about summer, all the beautiful times I watched you laughing from the passenger side." - "Back to December"
5. "...and she is yelling at a bridesmaid, somewhere in a back room wearing a gown shaped like a pastry." "Speak Now"
6. The song "Dear John" - although not any one lyric. What is actually most cool about this song is how a song about Taylor's relationship with John Mayer even sounds like a John Mayer song.
7. "This night is sparkling, don't you let it go. I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home. I'll spend forever wondering if you knew I was enchanted to meet you." - "Enchanted"
8. "I hope you remember today is never too late to be brand new." - "Innocent"
9. "I'd go back and change it, but I can't. So if the chain is on your door I understand." - "Back to December" from Speak Now by Taylor Swift.
10. "The playful conversation starts, counter all your quick remarks like passing notes in secrecy." - "Enchanted"
11. "She got him alone, and let's hear the applause - she took him faster than you could say sabotage." - "Better Than Revenge"
12. "He will try to take away my pain, and he just might make me smile, but the whole time I'm wishing he was you instead." - "Haunted"
13. "I'm not much for dancing, but for you I did." - "Last Kiss"
Whether it's a new song or an old favorite, I hope everyone finds some lyrics that speak to them today!
1 day ago